|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Creating Virtual and Augmented Realities will allow students to investigate, and critically evaluate, how to apply, and develop for emerging technologies, such as 360 video, virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality. Students will learn fundamental human-centered design principles including, affordance theory and user interface design as it applies to human-computer interaction. Students will experiment with emerging technologies and apply their knowledge of principles practically using industry-standard digital creation tools to engage in creative problem solving, and project-based creation.
- Experiment with emerging digital technologies and industry standard digital creation tools.
- Analyse and research the critical aspects of the human perspective and its relevance in the emerging digital reality.
- Frame complex problems using design theory to deliver creative and innovative solutions.
- Consolidate theoretical and conceptual human centred design constructs to produce a project based outcome.
- Communicate effectively using oral, written and multimodal visualisation techniques such as virtual and augmented reality.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Creating Virtual and Augmented Realities]
- January 2023 [Standard - Creating Virtual and Augmented Realities]
- September 2022 [Standard - Creating Virtual and Augmented Realities]
- September 2021 [Standard - Creating Virtual and Augmented Realities]
- May 2020 [Standard - Creating Virtual and Augmented Realities]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|