Game Thinking equips students with key principles and strategies from games to rethink how problems are solved and services are delivered. Students will experience games and emerging industries such as eSports, including the motivation and emotional response to games and explore how techniques such as gamification and serious games can transform content delivery. Students will learn how to create expressive, interactive and meaningful content whilst actively engaging in project-based learning to produce their own creative game pitch that reimagines and enhances a product or service.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Describe the core terminology, concepts and theories as they apply to game thinking.
2. Employ game mechanics, dynamics and aesthetics to communicate a product or service.
3. Frame complex problems using games theory to deliver creative and innovative solutions.
4. Consolidate theoretical and conceptual game design concepts to produce a project based outcome.
5. Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others to affect positive outcomes.
6. Communicate effectively using oral, written and visual communication techniques.
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|