|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Understanding and Changing Human Behaviour introduces you to an evidence-based framework for understanding the functions of human behaviour. This subject focuses on teaching you the techniques used to conduct a systematic analysis of behaviour that limits human performance. You will also learn about the specific strategies that can be used to create meaningful and long-term change in human behaviour.
- Apply and evaluate the basic steps for analysing human behaviour and its maintaining variables.
- Develop effective expressive, receptive and written communication skills as these apply to the counselling and behaviour management environments.
- Design and implement an individualised behavioural intervention to improve one specific behavioural concern.
- Construct A-B-C data-collection tools to monitor changes in behaviour and to use these data to judge the extent of behaviour change.
- Identify and explain the ethical issues significant to working with clients to alter their patterns of behaviour.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Standard - Standard [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|