|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Strategic Insight is the capstone subject concentrating on strategy development and implementation at the top management level where major decisions are made. Advanced problems in determination, execution, and control of the strategic management process in light of complex environmental change will be focused on in this subject. The aim of the subject is to provide students with a broad overview of the basic concepts in strategic management. Students will be exposed to a number of frameworks and models to better understand and analyse the macro-environment, the industry environment and firm-level resources. At the completion of the subject, students should be able to think strategically, as opposed to only having a functional orientation and students should be able to formulate and to implement creative and innovative strategies that are conducive to the demands of the firm and the environment in which it resides.
- Understand how to think strategically about an organisation, its position in the market place and how it can gain sustainable competitive advantage.
- Define strategic issues and assess organisational situations from a strategic perspective.
- Formulate sound business level strategies based on a thorough strategic analysis.
- Understand how to ensure successful strategy evaluation.
- Be aware of the importance of personal and company values as well as socially responsible management practices and ethical principles.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
Students must have completed 40 credit points before enrolling and be admitted into an MBA Affiliated Program.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2023]]
- September 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2022]]
- September 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2021]]
- May 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2021]]
- September 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [May 2020]]
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 06/06/2022 Cancellation 1: 18/06/2022 Cancellation 2: 21/06/2022 Last enrolment: 16/06/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 29/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 14/07/2022 Teaching census: 28/06/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 03/10/2022 Subject start: 03/10/2022 Cancellation 1: 15/10/2022 Cancellation 2: 18/10/2022 Last enrolment: 13/10/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 26/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 10/11/2022 Teaching census: 25/10/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 05/06/2023 Subject start: 05/06/2023 Cancellation 1: 12/06/2023 Cancellation 2: 13/06/2023 Last enrolment: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 18/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 25/06/2023 Teaching census: 17/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||29/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||14/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||26/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||10/11/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||18/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||25/06/2023|