|Faculty:||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine|
This subject examines the relationship between food, nutrition, and human health. It provides an introduction to nutrients, nutrient food sources, nutrient functions and deficiency states, and the role of nutrition in human health and development. Students use this knowledge to critically examine major nutrition challenges of our time, including obesity, micro-nutrient malnutrition, and the role of nutrition in human performance.
- Describe sources of macronutrients (carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) involved in human development and health.
- Discuss the role of nutrition and diet in the aetiology and prevention of nutrition-related diseases for individuals and populations, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
- Describe and apply evidence-based food, exercise, and health guides to support health and performance.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
Must be admitted into a Bond College Diploma Program.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
Sep - Bond University College 2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Jan - Bond University College 2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|