|Faculty:||Bond University College|
This subject will provide students with the basic academic skills required to undertake tertiary study. It is designed as an intensive subject which must be undertaken in the first semester of a Bond University College Diploma program. Students will be introduced to the areas of research, essay writing, report writing and referencing, and will workshop and develop these skills through a series of focused activities.
- Prepare for intensive study and plan for success within the University environment.
- Locate information for university assessments using online research databases, and engage in source evaluation to identify credible and useful sources.
- Structure and outline academic works including essays and reports.
- Apply referencing conventions in academic writing, and understand its importance for maintaining academic integrity.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- January 2023 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- September 2022 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- May 2022 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- January 2022 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- September 2021 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- May 2021 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- January 2021 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- September 2020 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- May 2020 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- January 2020 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- September 2019 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- May 2019 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- January 2019 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- September 2018 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- May 2018 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- January 2018 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- September 2017 [Standard - Academic Skills]
- May 2017 [Standard - Academic Skills]
Sep - Bond University College 2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Jan - Bond University College 2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
May - Bond University College 2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|