|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Australia: Culture and Identity introduces you to key cultural and social identity concepts in Australian and global contexts. The subject examines how identities relating to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, class, environment and other factors are recognised, mediated and debated in Australian culture. Through critical analysis of representations of identity in diverse cultural outputs, you will learn how Australian culture reflects broader realities in society and explores the ongoing debate about what it means to be Australian.
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and communicate broad and coherent knowledge of Australian Culture and Identity.
- Independently and in teams, generate and transmit insights related to Australian culture and identity, with the aim of helping to develop solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex problems.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of Australian Culture and Identity to professional work and/or further learning, demonstrating well-developed judgement and responsibility.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Australia: Culture and Identity]
- September 2022 [Standard - Australia: Culture and Identity]
- January 2020 [Standard - Australia: Culture and Identity]
- September 2019 [Standard - Australia Popular Culture]
- January 2019 [Standard - Australia Popular Culture]
- September 2018 [Standard - Australia Popular Culture]
- January 2018 [Standard - Australia Popular Culture]
- September 2017 [Standard - Australia Popular Culture]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|