Professional Portfolio uses situated learning and encourages students to develop their professional skills in a real world environment. The subject ensures that students combine self-analysis and reflective learning skills with professional methodologies, to expand analytic and strategic thinking capabilities. It provides practical experience for students to develop their skills in a profession relevant to their Masters specialisation.
All students will complete a scoping document, and either undertake a work placement in Australia (which includes an employer’s report) and reflective journal OR complete a collaborative research project. All students will submit a final professional portfolio collection of documents, highlighting their practical and theoretical expertise in their profession of choice. The Professional Portfolio subject must be taken in the students final semester.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Integrate classroom learning with professional experience
2. Examine the structure and functions of a company in their chosen profession
3. Gain practical experience and develop professional skills that enhance job opportunities
4. Discover professional strengths and weaknesses, evaluate career opportunities and develop a sense of greater professional responsibility
5. Display drafting and writing skills
6. Display communication and interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrate research proficiency
Subject must be taken in the students final semester.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Future offerings not yet planned.