|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject will explore experiential and spatial exploitations of form, light and material with a particular focus on architectural atmospheres. Fundamental skills in the application of design thinking and process, narrative, critical thinking, observation and analysis will be developed. Output is focused on collaborative methods of craftsmanship in both 2D and 3D outcomes including the physical construction of a full-scale space utilising the Architecture Fabrication and Research Workshop. A design drawing and model making discovery course is integrated within the subject.
- Ability to apply advanced creative design thinking skills in the development of a considered and rigorous conceptual idea.
- Ability to critically experiment, test and transform various conceptual ideas using a variety of media and methods in a self directed manner.
- Demonstrate advanced critical analysis and observation skills.
- Develop verbal presentation skills combined with 2D and 3D communication techniques at a high skill level.
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute constructively to a team environment.
- Demonstrate a highly perceptive understanding of the contextual environment and the considered application of materials.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|