|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject provides an in-depth study of the regulation, concepts, applicable standards and processes relevant to financial accounting and reporting. Emphasis is on the integration and critical application of accounting principles, regulation and the applicable standards that underpin the preparation of general purpose financial statements. This subject is useful to students pursuing careers in which a critical understanding of the application of International Reporting Financial Standards from both a preparer and user perspective is beneficial.
- Apply International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and/or other relevant standards to accounting transactions in complex situations
- Demonstrate professional judgment in the application of accounting policies used to prepare various aspects of general purpose financial statements.
- Prepare general purpose financial statements, including consolidated financial statements and related disclosure in accordance with IFRSs or other relevant national standards.
- Communicate accounting information and recommendations in a clear, concise and professionally written manner to a hypothetical client.
- Critically evaluate current national and international developments in financial reporting.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|