|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Auditing is an important process necessary to provide assurance about the accuracy and transparency of corporate financial statements. This subject introduces the principles and practices of external auditing in the public accounting domain within the framework of Australian and International Auditing Standards. Whilst the audit risk model and each phase of the audit process is presented, emphasis is also placed on ethical considerations, independence and corporate governance.
- Describe the purpose, nature and limitations of audits of general purpose financial statements and related regulation.
- Apply International Standards on Auditing or other relevant auditing standards, laws, and regulations applicable to an audit of general-purpose financial statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions about the elements of the audit risk model in straightforward audit engagements and explain how those decisions impact the audit process.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate auditing methods, make informed judgements and reach well-reasoned conclusions regarding audit evidence and the issuance of an audit opinion in straightforward audit engagements.
- Apply the standards, ethics, and professional values of the accounting profession to solve common issues relevant to auditing practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on and learn from personal experience and feedback from others to enable continued development.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Standard - Standard [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|