2017 Interdisciplinary Conference of the TICLP Network
About the research network
The Transnational, International, and Comparative Law and Policy (TICLP) Research Network is an interdisciplinary network of academics, policy-makers and professionals engaged in legal, international relations and public policy research examining Australia in a globalised world.
Based at the Faculty of Law at Bond University, TICLP is a hub for multidisciplinary research on cross-national regulatory issues of global importance. Its broad view of ‘regulation’ embraces both formal law and informal practices. It therefore welcomes all those engaged in research and praxis in fields as diverse as law, international relations, economics, business, public policy and the broader social sciences.
TICLP is an open network. It is open to all interested scholars, practitioners, policy-makers and students from across Australia, the Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world. It is free to join as a member or affiliate.
The objectives of TICLP are to:
- promote cutting-edge research addressing regulatory issues confronting Australia;
- engage in continuing elucidation and analysis of areas of transnational, comparative and international law;
- attract and supervise appropriately qualified HDR students;
- heighten public awareness of and contribute to the national debate on the role of Australia in the Asian Century and in a globalising world; and
- contribute to the formulation of government policies in such areas as international relations, international trade and investment, international finance, national and regional security, human rights, and dispute resolution.
To that end, TICLP hosts conferences, seminars and workshops on transnational, international and comparative law and policy issues. The Network also seeks to promote scholarly exchanges by encouraging visiting scholars from Australian or overseas universities to conduct research at Bond University.
The Co-Directors of TICLP are Professor Dr. Jonathan Crowe and Associate Professor Dr. Danielle Ireland-Piper. The Deputy Directors of TICLP are Assistant Professor Narelle Bedford and Assistant Professor Dr. Umair Ghori.