A professional career in finance management starts at Bond
The upcoming semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
This program is not available to domestic students. Please see Master of Financial Management.
The Master of Financial Management (Professional) is an educational experience that will provide you with the essential financial knowledge and analysis skills for making key financial decisions faced by corporate managers. The professional program follows the same structure as the Master of Financial Management program with an additional 20-week professional portfolio component. On completion of the Master of Financial Management (Professional), you will meet the requirements for professional accreditation with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (RG146 compliance). You will be equipped to give financial advice in Australia upon graduation and also be prepared to work in the international finance industry.
The Bond Business School's Master of Financial Management program is an intimate educational experience that will allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals and our two trading rooms. Students also have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification during their degree and unlock their potential for more job opportunities in the financial industry. The Master of Financial Management has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program, the largest association of investment of professionals in the world, meaning you are well prepared for the CFA exams. Any completed relatable undergraduate program will also gain you up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Financial Management program.
What our students say
- Learn in smaller classes
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals
- Opportunity to experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley
- Recognised worldwide by the CFA Institute
About the program
The Master of Financial Management (Professional) is a postgraduate qualification which provides the essential knowledge and analytical skills for making key financial decisions faced by corporate managers, business bankers, wealth advisors and financial managers. Students receive personal development and professional practice as a result of the 20-week Professional component. Show more
The Master of Financial Management (Professional) is a postgraduate qualification which provides the essential knowledge and analytical skills for making key financial decisions faced by corporate managers, business bankers, wealth advisors and financial managers. Students receive personal development and professional practice as a result of the 20-week Professional component. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The free choice business electives provide students with the opportunity to customise the program to meet their individualised interests and enhance their employability and career options. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Financial Management (Professional) program comprises 13 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-600 Economics for Business
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Alternate Choice (2)
Choose two (2) subjects from the following options.
- DTSC71-200 Data Science
- DTSC71-305 Financial Trading Systems
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
Plus Professional subject (1)
(students must complete one (1) of the following subjects)
*Please note that the Professional Portfolio or Professional Development subject is a 20-week, 45-credit point subject and is taken in the last semester of the program once all other coursework subjects have been completed. The Career Development Centre will provide assistance in choosing the relevant professional subject prior to your last semester.
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- Health Management
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Please visit the Major, minor and specialisation study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee. Professional program fees include four standard full time semesters plus a final semester professional subject, which is charged at a different rate to a standard semester of coursework.
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $67,270
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Master of Financial Management (Professional) prepares you for entry-level positions in the finance industry in Australia and internationally. The degree meets the demands of industry and graduates may find employment as account managers, financial analysts and financial advisors.