Build your career in finance management
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The Master of Financial Management at Bond University prepares you for a financial management role within a corporation, consulting firm or accounting firm. In just one year, you can start working in a financial management role in the commercial or private sector. Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Financial Management program.
The Bond Master of Financial Management program is an intimate educational experience that will allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals and our two trading rooms. You will also have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification during your degree and unlock the potential for more job opportunities in the financial industry. The Master of Financial Management at Bond has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, meaning you are well prepared for the CFA exams.
What our students say
- Recognised worldwide by the CFA Institute
- Learn in smaller classes
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals
- Opportunity to experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley.
About the program
The Master of Financial Management is a postgraduate qualification which provides potential corporate managers, business bankers, wealth advisors, and financial managers with the essential knowledge and analytical skills for making key financial decisions. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Show more
The Master of Financial Management is a postgraduate qualification which provides potential corporate managers, business bankers, wealth advisors, and financial managers with the essential knowledge and analytical skills for making key financial decisions. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects, and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The free choice business electives provide you with the opportunity to customise the program to meet your individualised interests and enhance your employability and career options. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Financial Management program comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ECON71-600 Economics for Business
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
- STAT71-102 Analysis and Application
Alternate Choice (2)
Choose two (2) subjects from the following options.
- DTSC71-200 Data Science
- DTSC71-305 Financial Trading Systems
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- Students can choose 4 General Elective Subjects (40CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also use all of their electives to take a specialisation (4 Subjects) from the list below
- Big Data
- Health Management
- International Business
- Tourism Management
- Please visit the Major, minor and specialisation study areas for guidance on specialisations.
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a 2.0 GPA and approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $15,000* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2021: $15,540* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $60,000
- Students commencing study in 2021: $62,160
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 Bachelor degree in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
The Master of Financial Management prepares you for a financial management role within a corporation, consulting firm, accounting firm or entrepreneurial venture within the commercial sector or private practice.