The Bond Master of Business Administration (Executive) is structured and offered exclusively to senior managers and executives who cannot afford to take time out for full-time study but want themselves and their company to reap the benefits of postgraduate education. Designed for local and interstate students to fly-in fly-out, the program was ranked #1 in Australia by students in the 2015 Australian Financial Review Boss MBA Rankings and includes an immersive two-week China Study Tour, exposing you to eastern business culture and highlighting how executives manage challenges in one of the world's fastest emerging markets.
About the program
The Bond Executive MBA focusses on the development of senior and superior leadership qualities. The Executive MBA tackles manager training at the highest level, delivering in-depth understanding of skills such as decision-making processes, organisational behaviour, customer management, economic analysis, financial impacts, and marketing. The senior management focus of the program is further covered through an emphasis on corporate governance, ethical and sustainable practice, managing people and innovation and entrepreneurship – all in a global context.
Executive MBA students must complete the following fourteen subjects:
- EXEC71-010 EMBA Orientation
- EXEC71-011 Self Insights, Teamwork & Strategic Thinking
- EXEC71-013 Market Orientated Decision Making
- EXEC71-014 Managing Resources
- EXEC71-015 Markets and Organisations
- EXEC71-016 Financial Accounting and Analysis
- EXEC71-021 Strategic Tools and Leadership
- EXEC71-022 Creating and Growing a Business
- EXEC71-023 Global Business
- EXEC71-024 Valuation
- EXEC71-025 Cross Cultural Management
- EXEC71-031 Strategic People Management and Organisational Change
- EXEC71-105 Leadership Skill Development
- EXEC71-106 Major Application Project
Plus four of the following half-unit elective subjects:
- EXEC70-017 Project Management
- EXEC70-040 Corporate Governance
- EXEC70-045 Executive Negotiation Strategies
- EXEC70-046 Mergers and Takeovers
- EXEC70-047 Management Consulting
Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have an international experience or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment and Student Engagement Officer in the Student Business Centre.
- Study Tour
The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that Additional Costs are associated with this subject).
- Business Internship
The Internship requires a GPA credit average and requires approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- Special Topic
The Special Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires Program Director's approval.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Executive MBA requires the following:
- Minimum eight years’ work experience, including 3 years in management roles.
- Evidence of prior learning through university or other post-secondary learning.
- A letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two reports from professional referees.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
How Bond's Executive MBA Rates
Bond University is one of three universities in the Sunshine State to be ranked in the top five Executive MBA programs with Bond Business School coming out on top for student satisfaction and Bond's Executive MBA program ranked fourth in the latest Australian Financial Review (AFR) BOSS rankings.