About the program
The Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management is designed to introduce you to the professional and managerial roles associated with the global tourism and hotel industries. The program will give you a deep understanding of the global tourism and hospitality markets and assist you in developing innovative and entrepreneurial strategies for hotel and tourism businesses.
Successful completion of the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management will provide students with either a pathway to Bond University undergraduate degrees or to start their career in a broad range of opportunities in the hotel and tourism industry.
The Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management is a two semester (full-time) program of 8 subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject.
Students must complete the following mandatory subjects for the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management:
- BCAS01-020 Academic Skills*
- BCDP02-033 Introduction to Global Citizenship
- BCDP02-101 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE11-001)
- BCDP02-103 Ethical Thought and Action (CORE11-003)
- BCDP02-102 Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE11-002)
- BCDP02-005 Marketing (MKTG11-100)
Students must complete three of the following elective subjects for the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management:
- BCDP02-041 Adventure Tourism (HRTM12-214)
- BCDP02-042 Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HRTM12-204)
- BCDP02-045 Tourism and Hospitality Economics (HRTM12-206)
- BCDP02-046 International Food and Beverage Management (HRTM12-201)
- BCDP02-047 Rooms Division Management (HRTM12-203)
- BCDP02-048 Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture (HRTM12-220)
- BCDP02-049 WHS Risk Management (HRTM12-212)
*Academic Skills is a compulsory subject which provides you with core academic skills including but not limited to referencing, academic writing and time management but does not count as a credit towards a degree. It is to be undertaken in a student’s first semester (Weeks 2 to 6)
Please be advised that a student will not receive full credit transfer to the Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management if they complete Adventure Tourism and Event Operations during their Diploma and later seek to undertake a Revenue Management major in their degree.
Recommended study plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program Structure and Sequence webpage.
Entry into the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 21/ATAR 60.20-40.65). Bond University College offers tertiary preparation programs (Foundation Program and University Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 21
For alternate means of entry such as work experience or the Special Tertiary Admissions Test please contact the Office of Future Students.
Toll-free: 1800 074 074 (in Australia)
Tel: +61 7 5595 2222 (international)
English language proficiency requirements
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no sub score less than 5.5).
Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.