Your professional career in the global tourist industry starts here
The Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management is designed to prepare you for professional and managerial roles in the global tourism industries.
Complete your Diploma of International Hotel & Tourism Management in 8 months
The Higher Education Diploma of International Hotel & Tourism Management is a two-semester program, allowing you to complete your diploma in only eight months and articulate into the third semester of a Bond University undergraduate degree. Bond University College students have access to the Transformer, an Australian-first program aimed at teaching you big-picture thinking, creative problem solving and evidence-based decision making so you can make a real difference in the community, your own business or an existing one. Learn more
Below is an example of some of the degrees our diploma programs credit into.
|Diploma Program||Bachelor Program||Number of Credits|
|Diploma of International Hotel & Tourism Management||Bachelor of International Hotel & Tourism Management||8|
- Complete your diploma in only eight months
- Integrate into the university environment from day one
- Articulate into the third semester of the corresponding bachelor program
- Integrate into the university environment from day one
About the program
The Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management is designed to introduce you to the professional and managerial roles associated with the global tourism and hotel industries. The program will give you a broad understanding of the global tourism and hospitality markets and assist you in developing innovative and entrepreneurial strategies for hotel and tourism businesses.
|Duration||2 semesters (8 months)|
|Study area||Foundation Programs, Hotel and Tourism|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Successful completion of the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management will provide students with either a pathway to Bond University undergraduate degrees or to start their career in a broad range of opportunities in the hotel and tourism industry.
The Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management is a two semester (full-time) program of 8 subjects and 1 compulsory skills building subject.
Students must complete the following mandatory subjects for the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management:
- BCAS01-020 Academic Skills*
- BCDP02-033 Introduction to Global Citizenship
- BCDP02-101 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE11-001)
- BCDP02-102 Leadership and Team Dynamics (CORE11-002)
- BCDP02-005 Marketing (MKTG11-100)
- BCDP02-040 Digital Transformation of Business (INFT11-120)
Students must complete three of the following elective subjects for the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management:
- BCDP02-042 Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HRTM12-204)
- BCDP02-045 Tourism Analysis and Evaluation (HRTM12-206)
- BCDP02-046 International Food and Beverage Management (HRTM12-201)
- BCDP02-047 Rooms Division Management (HRTM12-203)
- BCDP02-048 Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture (HRTM12-220)
- BCDP02-049 WHS Risk Management (HRTM12-212)
*BCAS01-020 Academic Skills is a compulsory subject which provides you with core academic skills including but not limited to referencing, academic writing and time management but does not count as a credit towards a degree. It is to be undertaken in a student’s first semester (Weeks 2 to 6)
Please be advised that a student will not receive full credit transfer to the Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management if they complete Adventure Tourism and Event Operations during their Diploma and later seek to undertake a Revenue Management major in their degree.
Recommended study plan
For information regarding appropriate enrolment for each semester, we recommend that students see the Program Structure and Sequence webpage.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2018 fees: $13,484 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
- 2019 fees: $14,720 per semester (based on 4 subjects per semester)
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Entry into the Diploma of International Hotel and Tourism Management requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent (OP 16 to 21/ATAR 58.20-45.25). Bond University College offers tertiary preparation programs (Bond University College Foundation Program and Bond University College - University Preparation Program) for students who do not currently have the required academic qualifications.
- Work experience - ANZCO Skill level 3 for 1 year full-time equivalent
- Incomplete Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation (passing grades in 2 subjects)
- STAT result of 144
- OP ineligible Schedule equivalent rank to OP 16 to 21
For alternate means of entry such as work experience or the Special Tertiary Admissions Test please contact the Office of Future Students.
Toll-free: 1800 074 074 (in Australia)
Tel: +61 7 5595 2222 (international)
Email: [email protected]
English language proficiency requirements
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no sub score less than 5.5).
Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.