Prof John Farrar
- Emeritus Professor
- Faculty of Law
Level 4, Building 4, Faculty of Law, Bond University
John graduated with LLB (Hons), LLM and LLD from University College London and PhD from the University of Bristol. He qualified as a legal practitioner in England and Wales, New Zealand and Australia.
He has held chairs at Cardiff, Canterbury, Victoria University of Wellington, Bond and Waikato. He was Dean of Law at the University of Canterbury (1985-88), Bond University (1993-96) and University of Waikato (2004-08). He was Acting Vice Chancellor of Bond University (1995-96) and Chair of Senate (2000-03). He was Distinguished Visiting Professor at the University of Adelaide (1986) and Parsons Scholar, Sydney Law School (1986 and 1987). He has been Visiting Professor at University of California Berkeley, University of Toronto, University of Western Ontario and Ghent University.
John is the author of a number of books and papers on Company and Commercial Law and Corporate Governance. He has also been active in law reform in the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia, and was a member of the Legislation Advisory Committee of New Zealand (2004-08).
In 2008 he was made an Honorary Life Member of the Australian Law Teachers Association for services to legal education in Australia and New Zealand.
- Barrister - High Courts of Australia and New Zealand
- Barrister and Solicitor - Supreme Court of Australian Capital Territory
- Barrister - Supreme Court of Queensland
- Professor of Corporate Governance - University of Auckland
- Director - New Zealand Governance Centre
- Professorial Fellow - University of Melbourne 1999-2009
Company and Commercial Law, Corporate Governance, Corporate Finance, White Collar Crime and Serious Fraud.
- LAWS75-316 - Corporations Law
- LAWS73-703 - Corporate Governance and the Duties of Directors
- LAWS73-707 - Corporate Finance Law
- LAWS73-409 - White Collar Crime and Serious Fraud
- Bachelor of Laws [Honours], University of London
- Master of Laws, University of London
- Doctor of Laws, University of London
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Bristol