Understanding Buildings provides an overview of the building construction process. Focused on detached housing development, this subject introduces the stakeholders and the physical, legislative, and cost factors affecting the development of a building. It investigates the parts of a building and their functions in detail, as well as the construction sequence and methods adopted. Construction terminology is examined and spatial awareness and drawing interpretation are practised.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Identify the stakeholders and describe the physical, legislative, and cost factors affecting development of a building;
2. Describe and identify the component parts of a building (physically and on drawings) and their functions;
3. Recognise and describe the construction sequence and methods adopted to construct a building;
4. Interpret basic site plans and construction drawings, and extract particular information required; and
5. Apply construction terminology to communicate effectively.
|Withdraw – Financial?||20/06/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|