Prof. Ahmed Moustafa Moustafa
- Professor of Psychology and Computational Modelling
- Faculty of Society & Design
Level 3, Building 1a, Faculty of Society & Design, Bond University
Ahmed conducts research on mental health, machine learning, and bioinformatics, including clinical disorders, such as drug addiction and Alzheimer’s disease. Prior moving to Bond University, Ahmed has worked in Sydney, America, and Cairo. Ahmed publishes collaboratively with 71 colleagues, has more than 510 co-authors, from 35 institutions in 14 countries. He has published over 240 papers in high-ranking journals including Science, PNAS, Journal of Neuroscience, Brain, Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, Nature (Parkinson’s disease), Neuron, among others. Ahmed has obtained grant funding from Australia, USA, Qatar, UAE, Turkey, and other countries.
Ahmed has published 11 books including the following:
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Understanding Biomarkers, Big Data, and Therapy. Elsevier; https://www.elsevier.com/books/alzheimers-disease/moustafa/978-0-12-821334-6
- Female Pioneers from Ancient Egypt and the Middle East
He teaches several subjects including clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, and neuropsychology. In his teaching, Ahmed uses up to date knowledge from different cultures around the world.
- Editor-in-chief of Discover Psychology, a new journal by Springer Nature.
- Associate Editor in Frontiers in Psychology – Neuropsychology.
- Conference organizer of “Movement: Brain, Body, Cognition”
- B.Sc, Mathematics and Computer Science, Cairo University, Egypt
- PhD, Cognitive Science, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA