Project and program management is a fast developing field that increasingly requires its practitioners to operate in largely virtual, global teams often spanning organisational as well as geographic boundaries. Cultural awareness is important when working with stakeholders and project participants in foreign countries. This subject is designed to introduce students to project and program management practice with an emphasis on the global perspective, explored in the form of a 10-day overseas study tour. Enrolment in this subject is restricted as students are required to contribute to the costs of the tour, including hotel accommodation and airfares. Assessment is based on aspects of stakeholder satisfaction and management informed by meetings, site visits and discussion in-country.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Learn about global project portfolio and program management.
2. Experience a foreign culture and the challenges for expatriate managers.
3. Explore issues of stakeholder expectations and project satisfaction.
4. Be an ambassador for project management at Bond University.
5. Appreciate the similarities between project and event management.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/02/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||02/03/2019|