The subject will introduce students to the theory and practice of property valuation as a professional process in accordance with current International Valuation standards. The subject is designed to assist students to develop an understanding of the property market, the role of the profession and the methods of valuation used to determine the value of a range of legal interests in property. At this introductory stage, these interests will relate to open market freehold interests. The subject will draw upon the current property market and the assessment will require students to collect and analyse market data from a range of defined sources. Students will also be given the opportunity to acquire the necessary analytical tools to work through property market specific supply and demand issues, identify future market trends and objectively evaluate current issues affecting property being valued. The summative (graded) assessment will be achieved by the completion, at an introductory professional standard, of two comprehensive valuation reports based on field inspections.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Apply theoretical and practical skills for the valuation of varied investment property interests.
2. Explore the benefits of adoption an interdisciplinary approach to property valuation and investment theory and practice.
3. Produce competent valuation reports for investment grade property and reasoned opinions of value at a credible professional standard.
4. Effectively integrate theory and practical work.
5. Research and understand the elements that affect risk and reward in investment decision making.
6. Identify key methods and metrics for real property investment decisions.
7. Criticise relevant material in an appropriate manner supported by reasoned argument in order to appreciate how investment and valuation decisions are reached.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|