This one-week intensive subject is designed to provide students with a framework and skills necessary for planning and managing health research projects. Students will undertake a series of workshops which will enable them to search for, retrieve, interpret and critically appraise research literature. Additionally, students will develop knowledge and skills relevant to writing a research protocol and ethics application using a variety of design strategies including quantitative, qualitative and/or mixed methods. Finally, students will learn a variety of methods for analysing data relevant to health, development, learning or performance.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Formulate clear research questions from a practice or health problem.
2. Devise appropriate search terms to identify relevant practice, health or learning literature to answer a research question.
3. Critically review and appraise health or learning research.
4. Identify and select appropriate methods to investigate and resolve practice or health problems.
5. Demonstrate awareness of ethical procedures in the research process.
6. Plan appropriate statistical analysis methods to test research hypotheses or address research aims.
7. Identify critical elements of a project management plan.
8. Describe the principles of research integrity and governance processes.
9. Describe strategies for effective communication of research.
There are no co-requisites.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
And/or equivalent to previous subjects PHTY92-415 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy II PHTY91-409 Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy PHTY92-416 Neurological Physiotherapy
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||14/11/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||21/11/2021|