Marketing is about anticipating and satisfying buyers’ needs. Theories from psychology, sociology, economics and anthropology form the foundation of knowledge that enables marketers to attract and satisfy final consumers and organisational buyers alike. In this subject, students explore the processes that buyers use to learn about, choose, purchase, use, and evaluate goods and services. Marketing is about anticipating and satisfying buyers’ needs. Theories from psychology, sociology, economics and anthropology form the foundation of knowledge that enables marketers to attract and please final consumers and organisational buyers alike. The aim of the buyer behaviour subject is to explore the processes that buyers use to learn about, choose, purchase, use, and evaluate goods and services.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain the individual, environmental and market-controlled factors that affect consumer behaviour.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the decision-making processes of consumers.
3. Explain how customer analysis affects marketing strategy.
4. Evaluate and report on consumers’ decision-making processes and behaviour in selecting a brand within a target market.
5. Deliver a logically constructed persuasive presentation of your group project using appropriate visual aids.
6. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations regarding consumer behaviour in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
7. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a group project analysing consumer behaviour.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|