This subject focuses on fundamental concepts of global business activity, beginning with macro-level theories and means of analysis before concentrating on specific firm-level actions that help businesses navigate the international business environment. You will learn key frameworks to aid your understanding of the global business context and the risks and opportunities in foreign markets. You will also develop an understanding of the internationalisation process and the impact a firm’s strategic focus has on its global operations. Critical to all aspects of international management is an awareness and understanding of cultural differences between countries, and the capacity to develop and implement a sound ethical decision making process.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain the concept of globalisation and the impact it has on global business activities.
2. Analyse the global business environment noting both risks and opportunities for multinational enterprises.
3. Explain the importance of ethical decision-making in international business.
4. Explain the operational challenges facing international firms.
5. Develop and justify strategic recommendations for a firm’s internationalisation process.
Future offerings not yet planned.