To navigate, lead, and innovate within health systems, it is essential to understand how they are structured and operate. The organisational framework, funding arrangements, role of health governance, and key drivers for improving Australia’s health system will be explored. Participants in this subject will be able to describe the Australian health system, benchmark and compare Australia’s health system with selected international comparators, and evaluate the impact of the social determinants of health on healthcare access and health outcomes.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Describe the Australian health system and identify the key drivers for health system improvement.
2. Contrast the Australian health system in the context of international comparators.
3. Describe the impact of the key social determinants of health on healthcare access and health outcomes.
4. Analyse the role of health governance in the Australian health system.
5. Use components of health economics to critically analyse interventions and inform health decisions.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|