This subject aims to develop students’ foundational skills in the identification, critical analysis and, application of research relevant to the health-related research continuum (laboratory bench, human performance, injury prevention/rehabilitation and population health), inclusive of quantitative and qualitative research paradigms. This subject has been designed to specifically develop research and research appraisal competencies relevant to careers in health-related professional practice and health and/or sport science research.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Describe the primary types, applications, and limitations of a variety of qualitative and quantitative research study designs.
2. Use relevant databases to search and access peer-reviewed scientific literature to identify relevant information.
3. Critically appraise research methods and reports, including statistical results.
4. Clearly articulate and cite the research of others appropriately in written and oral communication.
5. Select and conduct appropriate data analyses relevant to a research question.
6. Demonstrate awareness of ethical research practice and principles.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|