This is a compulsory subject for the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice which covers the area of Financial and Ethical Responsibilities.
The aim of this subject is to equip students with the skills and knowledge to maintain accurate trust and general account records and to act ethically, professionally and responsibly in dealings with clients, the courts, the community and other legal professionals. Students will engage in practical exercises including preparing trust and general accounting documents and will reflect on ethical responsibilities by addressing current ethical issues and disciplinary cases.
|Faculty of Law|
- May 2021 [Standard Offering]
- September 2021 [Standard Offering]
- January 2022 [Standard Offering]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering]
- September 2022 [Standard Offering]
- January 2023 [Standard Offering]
- May 2023 [Standard Offering]
- Current: $4,310
- Commencing in May 2021: $4,526
1. Identify financial responsibilities in dealing with client money and operating a trust and general account.
2. Review core documents and demonstrate compliance with costs disclosure regulation.
3. Apply ethical standards in relation to the Court, to the legal profession and to clients.
4. Demonstrate compliance with professional responsibilities including legal duties, obligations and professional conduct rules.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.