Strategic Insight is the capstone subject concentrating on strategy development and implementation at the top management level where major decisions are made. Advanced problems in determination, execution, and control of the strategic management process in light of complex environmental change will be focused on in this subject. The aim of the subject is to provide students with a broad overview of the basic concepts in strategic management. Students will be exposed to a number of frameworks and models to better understand and analyse the macro-environment, the industry environment and firm-level resources. At the completion of the subject, students should be able to think strategically, as opposed to only having a functional orientation and students should be able to formulate and to implement creative and innovative strategies that are conducive to the demands of the firm and the environment in which it resides.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Understand how to think strategically about an organisation, its position in the market place and how it can gain sustainable competitive advantage.
2. Define strategic issues and assess organisational situations from a strategic perspective.
3. Formulate sound business level strategies based on a thorough strategic analysis.
4. Understand how to ensure successful strategy evaluation.
5. Be aware of the importance of personal and company values as well as socially responsible management practices and ethical principles.
Students must have completed 80 credit points prior to enrolling and must be admitted into an MBA Affiliated Program.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||20/06/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||21/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||05/11/2020|