Foundation English 2 will build on the proficiency of the macro skills acquired in Foundation English 1. FE2 will use the English language in a variety of contexts to further develop students' analytical and critical thinking skills. Individual and group work will form part of the continued learning of English and the subject will reflect both the learning environment and the processes and activities students experience in a degree or academic study program.
|Faculty||Bond University College|
1. Comprehend, analyse and evaluate different perspectives and stances in a variety of academic texts and talks.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking skills to effectively produce, evaluate and respond to arguments on current issues in both written and oral formats.
3. Identify key concepts from a range of academic reading and listening contexts and apply effective note-taking, paraphrasing and summarising skills.
4. Apply effective research and writing skills to produce both short and long academic essays.
5. Produce and deliver academic PowerPoint presentations.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||20/06/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|