The subject provides an introduction to the law regulating business in Australia today. It seeks to develop students' knowledge and understanding of the Australian legal system and sources of law in Australia, the commercial legal responsibilities and risks of doing business, key aspects of the law of torts, contracts and consumer protection, and the law associated with starting, managing, financing and closing companies and other business entities. By focusing on the legal responsibilities and risks that have a substantial impact on business, the subject highlights the important role that law plays in business decision-making.
|Faculty of Law|
- September 2021 [Standard Offering]
- January 2022 [Standard Offering]
- May 2022 [Standard Offering]
- September 2022 [Standard Offering]
- January 2023 [Standard Offering]
- May 2023 [Standard Offering]
- September 2023 [Standard Offering]
- University Preparation & Diploma
- Commencing in 2021: $4,060
- Commencing in 2022: $4,060
1. Demonstrate coherent knowledge and understanding of Australian business law, including the Australian legal system and sources of law; the key features and purposes of the law of torts, contracts and consumer protection; and the identification of various business structures and the legal regulation of companies. 2. Communicate knowledge and understanding of Australian business law clearly and effectively, whether orally or in writing. 3. Use knowledge and understanding of Australian business law to solve commercial legal problems by identifying, analysing and explaining the legal responsibilities and risks of doing business. 4. Navigate through legal information environments, including online legal resources, with independence and initiative. 5. Appreciate their legal, social and professional responsibilities to their peers, their profession and their community.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.