This subject will explore experiential and spatial exploitations of form, light and material with a particular focus on architectural atmospheres. Fundamental skills in the application of design thinking and process, narrative, critical thinking, observation and analysis will be developed.
Output is focused on collaborative methods of craftsmanship in both 2D and 3D outcomes including the physical construction of a full-scale space utilising the Architecture Fabrication and Research Workshop.
A design drawing and model making discovery course is integrated within the subject.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Ability to apply creative design thinking in the development of a conceptual idea
2. Ability to experiment, test and trial various conceptual ideas using a variety of media and methods
3. Demonstrate critical analysis and observation skills
4. Develop verbal presentation skills combined with 2D and 3D communication techniques
5. Ability to work collaboratively and contribute constructively to a team environment
6. Demonstrate an acute awareness of the contextual environment and material use
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|