The aim of this subject is to provide a grounding in the principles of modelling as applied to actuarial work – focusing particularly on stochastic asset liability models and the valuation of financial derivatives. These skills are also required to communicate with other financial professionals and to critically evaluate modern financial theories.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Apply modern asset and derivatives pricing theory to implement valuation methodology to insurance and finance applications
2. Assess stochastic models of financial securities and other asset pricing situations
3. Demonstrate the use of stochastic interest rate modelling concept and the practically used term structures modelling of interest rates
4. Analyse simple models for credit risk assessment.
5. Apply ruin theory to liability valuation in insurance contexts
6. Demonstrate run-off techniques in general insurance reserving applications
7. Design asset liability valuation methodologies in Excel/VBA to various insurance and finance applications.
There are no co-requisites.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|