Accelerate your business career in Australia
Bond's MBA has been redesigned to provide students with key functional knowledge, focused expertise and greater flexibility. The program utilises three pillars of innovation, data analytics, and business transformation to develop global leaders who think critically, creatively and strategically.
An MBA in Australia combines the opportunity to significantly enhance your career prospects while enjoying the incredible lifestyle of the Gold Coast. In combination with the Master of Accounting, you will receive the tools required to understand the drivers of success and can greatly enhance the accounting decisions made by upper management through the information they generate and interpret. This combined program offers both a firm academic grounding and a hands-on appreciation of the industry, so you are ready to use your new skills from day one.
The Transformer: be a game changer
What our alumni say
- Redesigned to be flexible, intensive and get you into the workplace quicker.
- Smaller classes and personal mentoring – learn in groups of around 20 to 30, delivering more interaction and more support.
- Diverse MBA cohort with over 20 nationalities represented, providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study and rich global network afterwards.
About the program
The Master of Accounting (MAcc) program is a specialist program for people interested in pursuing a professional accounting qualification. This course incorporates the traditional Master of Accounting program and is designed to provide an opportunity for students with undergraduate training in other fields to gain a professional accounting qualification. Show more
The Master of Accounting (MAcc) program is a specialist program for people interested in pursuing a professional accounting qualification. This course incorporates the traditional Master of Accounting program and is designed to provide an opportunity for students with undergraduate training in other fields to gain a professional accounting qualification. The course covers introductory as well as advanced units in financial and management accounting, economics, finance, tax and business law, security appraisal and valuation and auditing. The MAcc offers a firm academic grounding in the accounting discipline and offers a hands-on appreciation of the accounting industry. The program is a powerful amalgam of foundational accounting skills, decision-making, leadership and financial literacy. The course is designed to help develop a student's ability to advise businesses on financial issues. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in accounting with practical insights delivered through case studies, guest lectures and work-integrated learning. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The Bond MBA is a generalist management program. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. The program is designed to provide graduates with the core underlying technical skills that inform effective decision making, framed around the development of the interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills that are required to lead in the implementation of these decisions. Show less
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Accounting and financial literacy skills are needed by every business in the world. It is a globally recognised profession with a broad range of roles, often leading to careers in senior management. Master of Accounting graduates are eligible for employment in professional accounting practices (public accounting or chartered accountants), corporations, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. The degree is also useful to managers who are exposed to accounting on a day-to-day basis.
It is recommended that you become an affiliate of a professional body such as CPA Australia or Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ). These groups provide valuable opportunities to network with other professionals in the industry.
Master of Accounting/Master of Business Administration students must complete the following subjects:
- ACCT71-301 Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-303: Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-305 Auditing
- ACCT71-308 Taxation Practice for Accountants
- ACCT71-511 Security Appraisal and Valuation
- ACCT71-600 Accounting Principles
- ACCT71-601 Information Analysis and Systems
- ACCT71-606 Management Accounting and Strategy
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Sessions and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- FINC71-600 Managerial Finance
- LAWS71-100 Business Law
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $15,980 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
We focus on creating a complementary cohort of MBA students drawn from diverse backgrounds and cultures. You will need to demonstrate strong academic achievement as well as the potential and motivation to assume global leadership roles. Each application is assessed on an individual basis. Entry into the MBA requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution.
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience.
- Two professional referee reports.
- Interview with the program director may be required.
Master of Accounting applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree in any discipline other than accounting, or hold a non-degree professional accounting qualification with at least five years’ work experience. Applicants without a recognised prior qualification will be required to undertake a further four units of coursework. The additional four units constitute a Graduate Certificate of Business.
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent in a field cognate to the proposed degree.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Business Administration (Professional)
- Master of Accounting (Professional)
- Master of Business Administration in Health
- Master of Finance/Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration/Master of Project Management
- Executive Master of Business Administration