This program is not available to international students who intend to apply for a student visa to undertake this program.
For the career of the future… you’ll need the degree of the future
The January semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation prepares graduates for professional and trans-disciplinary roles in the modern ever-changing work environment with the inclusion of an immersive industry-based learning program. Students will also explore global sustainable development goals through the completion of a collaborative and creative design solutions option.
About the program
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation provides students with an immersive intellectual and practical experience in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for the delivery of legal services in the face of rapid and persistent technological change. The program includes both a foundation of substantive legal knowledge and traditional legal skills to ensure the development of essential legal literacy, and an emphasis on the development of key enterprise skills relevant to the contemporary workplace. Show more
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation provides students with an immersive intellectual and practical experience in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for the delivery of legal services in the face of rapid and persistent technological change. The program includes both a foundation of substantive legal knowledge and traditional legal skills to ensure the development of essential legal literacy, and an emphasis on the development of key enterprise skills relevant to the contemporary workplace. The focus of the program is upon the operation and development of digital technologies as tools in the delivery of legal services and the resolution of legal problems in creative and ethical ways. The program offers an engaging learning experience in which students explore contemporary legal problems and design innovative solutions.
Graduates will be eligible for a variety of roles in the legal services sector including legal technicians, legal project managers, legal operations managers and paralegals, and in legal startups and legal technology design. This program does not meet admission requirements to become a legal practitioner. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Bachelors Degree|
|Study area||Business and Commerce, Communication and Creative Media, International Relations and Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling|
|CRICOS code||This program is not available to international students who intend to apply for a student visa.|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Bachelor of Legal Transformation program comprises up to 22 subjects, as follows:
University core subjects (3)
- CORE11-001 Critical Thinking and Communication (CORE 1)
- CORE11-002 Collaboration, Teams and Leadership (CORE 2)
- CORE11-003 Responsibility, Integrity and Civic Discourse (CORE 3)
Creative Enterprise (7)
- LAWS11-105 Legal Foundations A
- BUSN11-200 Foundations of Enterprise
- COLB11-100 Global Citizenship
- COLB12-100 Immersion 1: Work-Based Experience
- COLB12-110 Trust, Privacy, Law and Ethics in the Digital Age
- COLB12-120 Design: Process, Methods and Mindsets
- COLB13-110 Immersion 2: Work Placement
Legal Transformation (10)
- DIXN11-100 Digital Transformation: Stages and Capabilities
- LAWS11-106 Legal Foundations B
- LAWS11-107 Foundations of Private Law
- LAWS11-108 Foundations of Public and Criminal Law
- COMN12-302 Digital Media and Society
- LAWS13-581 Coding, Cybersecurity & Cryptoliteracy for Lawyers
- LAWS17-110 The Digital Lawyer
- LAWS17-556 Information Technology and the Law
- LAWS17-573 Start-Up Law
- LAWS17-576 Legal Aspects of Electronic Commerce
Global Challenges Project Option (1-2)
Students must choose one (1) of the following options:
- Design Studio Option
- COLB12-400 Design Studio (40CP)
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $21,040* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $126,240
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)
Entry score for 2021 entry
|Min ATAR||Min OP||Min IB|
Applicants must meet the University's general minimum admission criteria.
Please note: This program is currently only available to Australian students (not available to international student visa holders).
2021 Year 12 Entry
To ensure students are not disadvantaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, current Year 12 students can be assessed now for a guaranteed offer for 2021 entry conditional on the completion of Year 12. Applications will be assessed based on their first semester Year 12 results and meeting any subject prerequisite requirements for their program. Find out more.
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
- On successful completion of this program the learner will be able to:
- Think critically about law, technology, their interaction and their social and commercial contexts.
- Identify, analyse, and use creative and design thinking tools and techniques to solve legal problems creatively, ethically and in ways appropriate to client needs.
- Engage in informed and effective communication about legal issues, using appropriate platforms and in culturally diverse contexts.