Dr Wayne Hing has enjoyed a distinguished career in the field Musculoskeletal physiotherapy. He has a PhD in Anatomy, as well as a Master of Science in Physiology (both from the University of Auckland) along with postgraduate qualifications in Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy and acupuncture.
Following holding an academic position at Auckland University of Technology and UNITEC, Bond University's Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine is pleased to welcome Dr Hing as their new Professor in Physiotherapy and also Head of the physiotherapy program as of May 2012. Since 1994, Dr Wayne Hing has been a leading consultant, advisor and reviewer for various committees, boards and working parties related to New Zealand physiotherapy such as the New Zealand Manipulative Physiotherapists Association (NZMPA), Society of Physiotherapists (NZSP), Hockey New Zealand and the Health and Disabilities Commission.
In terms of research, Dr Hing has received funding for over 40 projects including a major grant of $237,000 for a three-year study into the diagnostic accuracy of a clinical examination in determining the source of shoulder pain from the Health Research Council of New Zealand for one of his PhD students. The results from his research have been published extensively in international peer-reviewed journals and he is regularly invited to deliver conference presentations at national and international symposiums.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Medicine New Zealand
- NZ Manipulative Physiotherapists Association
- NZ Society of Physiotherapists
- New Zealand College of Physiotherapy
- NZ Sports and Orthopaedics Physiotherapy Association
Dr Wayne Hing has taught both undergraduate and postgraduate students, supervised research at both a masters and PhD level as well as marked theses from Australian & New Zealand universities.
- PHTY92-408 - Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy III
- PHTY91-404 - Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy II
- PHTY91-402 - Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy I
- PHTY92-410 - Musculo-skeletal Physiotherapy II Clinical Practice
- PHTY93-416 - Evidence Based Practice Project 1
- PHTY93-418 - Evidence Based Practice Project II
- PHTY93-419 - Clinical Internship
- PHTY93-420 - The Well Rounded Physiotherapist
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Auckland
- Master of Science, University of Auckland
- Advanced Diploma of Physiotherapy, Auckland Institute of Technology
- Diploma of Manual Therapy, NZ Manipulative Physiotherapist Assn
- Diploma of Physiotherapy, Auckland Institute of Technology
- Diploma in Acupuncture, Physiotherapy, Acupuncture and Pain Modulation Assn