Prof. Mary Hiscock
- Emeritus Professor
- Faculty of Law
Level 4, Building 4, Faculty of Law, Bond University
Professor Mary Hiscock has been named as a Member (AM) of the Order of Australia in the 2022 Queen’s Birthday Honours list in recognition of her service to tertiary education and to the Law following a decorated legal career.
Professor Hiscock is now an Emeritus Professor of the Law Faculty, after many years teaching at Bond University and at the University of Melbourne, interspersed with visiting appointments in Europe, Asia and North America.
Professor Hiscock has represented Australia on a number of occasions at the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). She is an expert adviser to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and was for many years a consultant to the Asian Development Bank. She continues to be a member of the Editorial Boards of the Australian Journal of Asian Law and of the Melbourne Journal of International Law. She is the immediate past Chair of the International Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and a past President of the Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law.
- Barrister and Solicitor - Supreme Court of Victoria
- Solicitor - Supreme Court of Queensland
- Legal Practitioner - Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Editorial Board of the Melbourne Journal of International Law
- Expert Advisor - European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Immediate Past Chair - International Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Past President - Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law
Contracts, International Trade Law and Comparative Law
- LAWS17-742 - International Contracts
- LAWS73-742 - International Contracts
- LAWS73-741 - International Investment Transactions
- LAWS73-743 - International Trade Law System
- Doctor of Laws, University of Chicago
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne