Jess is a Senior Teaching Fellow in the Healthcare Innovations program. She has over 10 years’ experience as an allied health professional practicing as a certified athletic trainer (ATC) and registered physiotherapist in various outpatient musculoskeletal and sport settings. Jess also has experience in tertiary education as an educator in various health disciplines across undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including physiotherapy and sports and exercise science.
Jess is passionate about conducting research in health that has a practical impact to solve problems and reduce inequality within populations. Her research interests include using systems thinking regarding injury prevention, talent development, and injury rehabilitation for female sporting populations.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- American Physical Therapist Association
- National Athletic Trainer Association
- HPER11-103: Health Systems
- HPER13-100: Evidence in Healthcare: Practice and Policy
- HPER71-111: Health Systems: Australia and International
- HPER71-114: Educating the Health Workforce
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Boston University, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training, Ithaca College, USA