A Sport and Exercise Science postgraduate student, senior research assistant and Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) member, Annabelle has an enthusiasm for enhanced health, fitness and wellbeing through sport and exercise.
Following a substantial postdoctoral research career in Earth and Environmental Sciences, Annabelle has developed strong skills in interpersonal communications and demonstrated experience in collaborative team work environments, particularly as a research scientist and project manager.
Annabelle has undertaken successful internships at the North Coast Academy of Sport working with young athletes to develop their sports performance, and a private practice specialising in musculoskeletal and injury prevention and management for surf sports athletes and swimmers. She is now an active member of the Board of Management at the North Coast Academy of Sport.
Annabelle is committed to contributing positively to sporting health and athlete performance, exercise delivery and injury prevention through research and education. Currently, her research is focussed on exercise for improved resilience to stress among university students and sport participation and performance of Masters surf life savers, while teaching in sport and exercise psychology.
Annabelle continues an active participation in surf life saving and swimming.
- Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
- Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA)
- Board of Management - North Coast Academy of Sport
HEA00331 Principles of Behaviour in Physical Activity (SCU)
HEA00332 Exercise Psychology (SCU)
- Master of Science by Research (Health Sciences), Bond University (current)
- Bachelor of Science (Applied Geography), Honours, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science, Southern Cross University
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of New South Wales