Date: Monday 9 October, 2023
Time: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Where: BLD05_3_53Bond University, 14 University Drive, Robina, QLD, 4226
This research symposium will explore new insights from Bond University researchers for women in sport. Future directions for innovations aimed at enhancing outcomes for women across the sport participation spectrum will also be addressed.
The event will feature six 10-minute presentations from the following keynote speakers followed by a Q & A forum with the speaker panel:
1. How are you feeling? Qualitative insights into female athlete wellness: Dr Jane Hunt
2. The long game – eating beyond athlete normal: Associate Professor Greg Cox
3. Injury Profiles in Female Australian Football Players: Dr Jessica Farley
4. Incidence and Risk Factors for Sport-Related Concussion in Female Youth Athletes Participating In Contact And Collision Invasion Sports: PhD candidate Laura Ernst
5. Unpacking ACL injuries in female athletes. What are the implications for injury prevention? Dr Larissa Sattler and PhD Candidate Adam Walker
6. Legal and Regulatory Perspectives in sport-related concussion: Addressing Diversity in Regulatory Design and Policymaking: Dr Annette Greenhow
Co-facilitators - Assoc Prof Nikki Milne and Assoc Prof Justin Keogh
*The session will be followed by light refreshments.