Addressing big, neglected problems in healthcare
Established in 2010 as the Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice (CREBP), we transformed into the Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare in 2019. The transition from Centre to Institute enabled us to provide advisory services informing provision of sustainable, evidence-based healthcare, and to facilitate research informed policy and practice. The transition has enabled us to increase our impact, partnerships, translational project opportunities, and develop new educational programs.
Our research addresses four big, neglected problems in healthcare:
- antibiotic resistance,
- waste in medical research, and
- neglected non-pharmaceutical treatment.
Our focus in these areas assists health systems to provide care that is patient-centred and informed by evidence, and enables patients to make decisions that are congruent with their values, preferences and circumstances.
- To undertake research that more closely aligns evidence and patient care.
- To support and extend collaborations between clinicians and health researchers to achieve higher value care.
- To enable patients and families to make evidence-informed health decisions that are congruent with their values and preferences.
- To lead and facilitate the teaching and learning of evidence-based practice.
- To develop young researchers for research programs in sustainable healthcare.
- Professor Paul Glasziou: Director Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare, Bond University
- Dr Peter Brooks: Centre for Health Policy - School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne
- Professor Nick Zwar: Executive Dean Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University
- Andrew Calder: Director Office of Research Services, Bond University
- Dr Virginia Barbour: Director, Australasian Open Access Strategy Group, QUT
- Catherine Marks: Vice President Engagement, Bond University
- Greg Mullins: Head of Policy Research Australia
- Ms Jessica Toleman, Director, Non-Admitted Reform Program, Healthcare Purchasing and System Performance Division (HPSP)
- Assistant Professor Chrissy Erueti: Institute Manager
Vice Chancellor Award: Research ExcellenceRead more about Vice Chancellor Award: Research Excellence
Professor Paul Glasziou AO for consistently high quality research outcomes, leadership and innovation.
Prof. Paul Glasziou AORead more about Prof. Paul Glasziou AO
Officer of the Order of Australia - Queen's Birthday Honours List
Prof. Chris Del Mar AMRead more about Prof. Chris Del Mar AM
Member of the Order of Australia - Queen's Birthday Honours List
Prof. Tammy Hoffmann OAMRead more about Prof. Tammy Hoffmann OAM
Medal of the Order of Australia - Australia Day Honours List
Sustainable Healthcare Awards: Research AwardRead more about Sustainable Healthcare Awards: Research Award
Professor Paul Glasziou - Estimating the Magnitude of Cancer Overdiagnosis in Australia.
Sustainable Healthcare Awards: Policy and Practice AwardRead more about Sustainable Healthcare Awards: Policy and Practice Award
2weekSR Team - The Two Week Systematic Review (2weekSR).