The Library has recently acquired new board and card games. They are located in the reserve room near the Main Library service desk. The new titles are:
- Get Rich Quick - This aim in this card trading game is to accumulate wealth and avoid the taxman. Fast and loud, I’ve played this game many times and laughed a lot.
- Monopoly Deal - If like me you enjoy the popular property trading board game but think it can take too long, then you will enjoy this quicker card game version.
- Tantrix- Players must stay connected using hexagonal tiles with coloured lines. A mixture of skill and chance, this strategy game can be played three ways: solo, family and expert. Looks addictive.
- Battleship - Sure to invoke nostalgic memories for some, the classic two-player naval combat game is simple and tactical. Who remembers Bill and Ted’s epic match with Death?
- Codenames Duet - The original Codenames, a very fun and popular game also held in the library, uses one-word clues to identify secret agents. The Duet edition allows team play.
- Taboo: The Game of Unspeakable Fun - Quick thinking with lots of laughter. Teams guess secret words without saying the obvious taboo words, e.g. guess snore without saying sleep, night, noise or nose.
- Escape Room: The Game - This does look fun and challenging. Players must solve puzzles and riddles to escape from four different “rooms” (prison break, virus, nuclear countdown and Temple of the Aztec).
- Snakesss- Players discuss and choose answers to multiple choice questions while the “snake” tries to charm others into choosing the wrong answer. Test your skills at deception and spotting a lie.
- Cards Against Humanity: Everything Box - A new edition updated with current and emerging topics, sure to be a hit with the students.
- Cards Against Humanity: Family Edition - Designed for adults and children to play together, it claims with child development experts, it is a more “acceptable” version.
- Risk: The Game of Strategic Conquest- A replacement copy of the very popular game with armies vying for world domination. If anyone is looking for a great game to play with a group of friends, this is it.
Nick’s picks include Balderdash, the Timeline games, Yahtzee, Five Crowns and Ultimate Werewolf.