This subject describes the origins and history of REITs both internationally and in Australia and examines the asset classes over the economic and investment cycles. The application of portfolio theory is also covered and focuses on the role real estate assets in both listed and unlisted forms can play in creating a diversified portfolio. Specific industry topics are analysed including REIT capital structure, fund evaluation and performance measurement, property debt securitisation and property derivatives.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Understand the history and composition of the diverse REIT industry.
2. Gain insight into modern portfolio theory and its application to real estate markets.
3. Measure portfolio return and risk.
4. Understand how REIT funds operate and the various structures used to manage funds in the industry.
5. Evaluate real estate funds performance.
6. Demonstrate how real estate funds raise capital and the debt securitisation process.
|Withdraw – Financial?||07/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||24/10/2019|