This subject introduces the concepts of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). It also covers various software platforms suitable for openBIM application, and appropriate for Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery. It is taught from a practical applications perspective in a highly interactive environment. This subject is dedicated to covering BIM-related software platforms and their integration in accordance with openBIM principles. It investigates the impacts of AR and VR on Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery, and to review their relevance in the context of the buildingSMART Australasia BIM Framework. This subject has been designed as a micro-credentialed course for the benefit of industry professionals.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the drivers of BIM and why the industry is adopting this methodology.
2. Describe the possible uses of a BIM to reduce cost and increase understanding.
3. Define the processes used to adopt new technology successfully and the implications of IT on BIM
4. Explain how to leverage the BIM to produce work packages and other deliverables efficiently.
5. Describe model optimisation to methodologies to enable the project team to work efficiently.
6. Demonstrate understanding of using BIM for Visualisation and the practical application of AR, VR and other visual technology.
|Withdraw – Financial?||06/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||07/10/2021|