Managing High Performance Sport will provide students with an in-depth understanding of the management of elite sport programs, athletes and teams. The subject will examine International and Australian high performance sport systems, with emphasis on government investment, funding, performance outcomes, international sporting events and performance evaluation. The subject will address the social, financial and political difficulties facing high performance athletes and examine strategies to maximise success and minimise drop out including support networks. The students will critically analyse current case studies and apply knowledge and skills in the assessment of issues arising in high performance sport.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the high-performance sport environment and the stakeholders involved
2. Critically analyse the high performance sport environment through case studies and discussion
3. Systematically review, assess, analyse and change systems, structures and processes in critical program areas to enhance the high-performance program of a sporting organisation.
4. Apply knowledge and understanding to resolve identified issues in the high performance sport environment
5. Critically discuss the factors impacting the high performance sport environment and the global concerns surrounding elite sport.