This subject explores current issues and future concerns facing the field of sustainable sport event and facility management. The subject uses the concept of sustainability to explore key contemporary issues such as types of sports venues, construction and refurbishment, venue design, event delivery, stakeholder management, event and venue marketing and venue management. Each topic includes a balance between the establishment of a theoretical base and the investigation of practical case studies. Students will be exposed to workshop units and debates in a thought-provoking format. Overall, the aim of the subject is for students to have an understanding of the intricacies of developing, marketing and managing sustainable sport events and venues.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Understand the sport event and facility management environment and the stakeholders involved.
2. Explain the concept of sustainability in the context of sport event and facility management.
3. Explain the various types of impacts and legacies that sport events can generate, and how these relate to sustainability.
4. Critically discuss the economic, social and environmental factors impacting the sport event and facility environment and the management of those issues
5. Demonstrate the ability to work with a colleague to critically analyse the management of an sport event or venue with respect to management for sustainability.
6. Demonstrate the ability to produce a written report that demonstrates higher order understanding of key concepts in sustainable event and facility management.
7. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information relevant to sport event and facility management in an oral presentation.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||02/03/2019|