This subject focuses on the interaction between sport and industry. Students will examine the role of sport and the sport industry as a product and a service provider in international contexts. The factors contributing to the sport industry such as globalisation, mega-sporting events, sponsorships, endorsements, player contracts and trading all contribute to sport industry and are explored in depth. Students will gain a solid understanding of current affairs, sport operations and the influence of the global sport industry on culture, society and the world market. Finally, this subject will focus on the role and impact of key stakeholder (e.g., corporations, government) and other environmental factors (e.g., changing technologies) on the development and provision of sport at both the elite and mass participation levels
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Critically analyse the growing interaction between sport and business in the international arena
2. Explain the impact of globalisation, sponsorship, endorsement, brand awareness and free agency to the sport industry.
3. Synthesise current knowledge, research and experiences to formulate a global world view analysing sports business challenges and issues.
4. Critically assess the development of international mechanisms for the legal regulation of sport including issues as sport business related disputes and the commercial regulation of sport
5. Deliver a logically-constructed persuasive presentation using appropriate visual aids
6. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
7. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a group project.
|Withdraw – Financial?||06/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Academic?||27/10/2018|
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||26/10/2019|