This subject provides students with an in-depth examination of the management of elite athletes, their coaches and the relationships with key stakeholders. A particular focus will be on the global high-performance systems created to develop success elite athletes. The subject will examine International and Australian high-performance sport systems, with emphasis on government investment, funding, performance outcomes, international sporting events and performance evaluation. It will examine the social, financial and political difficulties facing high-performance athletes (and organisations) and examine strategies to maximise success and minimise issues (injury, drop-out, cheating). The subject will examine current case studies of issues arising in high-performance sport. Some examples of case studies exploring contemporary issues in high-performance sport include doping, corruption, match-fixing, governance and athlete behaviour.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the high-performance sport environment and the stakeholders involved.
2. Describe the Australian and International high-performance sporting landscape.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the components within a high-performance system that lead to international sporting success
4. Apply a problem-solving approach to high-performance sport management case studies to determine potential solutions and future outcomes.
5. Critique the effectiveness of a sporting organisation’s high-performance program, demonstrating your knowledge of the relevant systems, structures and processes and their interdependencies.
6. Deliver a logically constructed persuasive presentation using appropriate visual aids.
7. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
8. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a group project.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|