This subject focuses on the practical application of theories and mental skills and strategies that facilitate behaviour change to enhance health and physical activity, exercise and sport. The subject extends and builds upon the knowledge acquired in the preceding subject Sport, Health and Exercise Psychology.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Identify and describe best practice in the delivery of health and exercise advice.
2. Describe the mental factors associated with exercise adoption and safe participation in physical activity.
3. Identify and apply behaviour modification strategies to increase the adherence of clients to nutrition and exercise practices across the life span.
4. Devise, present and evaluate a program according to the needs of the client to progress towards achieving realistic goals.
5. Recognise the signs of inappropriate dietary behaviours and understand appropriate referral pathways.
6. Apply effective counselling and communication skills including verbal and nonverbal communication.
Future offerings not yet planned.