This subject brings together the knowledge gained across the program by undertaking a task that addresses a BIM related problem or issue that is industry-practice related. Prior to commencing this module the learner will have gained approval for their chosen topic based on their definition of the problem, the intended research and analysis approach, and an outline of proposed applied research related to the project. It is intended as an individual research-based project. The learner is responsible for identifying a problem and investigating a possible solution through critical analysis of the existing body of knowledge in academic and professional sources. With reference to BIM modules previously undertaken the learner is responsible for designing and implementing a reliable solution, analysing and evaluating the success of the solution and reporting the results to a professional academic standard.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Confirmation of knowledge gained and applied, through submission of a written research report and verbal presentation on a prescribed topic.
2. Demonstrate with reference to appropriate BIM model and technology improved project objectives based on identification of a BIM related problem.
3. Conduct a critical review of current relevant academic literature and professional source information including reflection on standard Lean/IPD theories and their appication in practice.
4. Report and assess the outcomes of the applied research including the results of investigating and examining the potential benefits of the solution to professional practice using a reliable appraisal method.
5. Identify deficiencies in the solution, potential risks and fitness-for purpose.
6. Critically reflect upon learning in relation to integrating the knowledge gained in previous modules.
Subject to be taken in the last semester of studies.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||03/07/2021|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|