In this subject, students work in the Bond University Psychology Clinic under the supervision of University staff. Students are required to attend one weeks orientation during 0 week of semester, then be available for three days per week in the psychology clinic from weeks 1 to 14. This subject represents the first semester of the two-semester Internship and Students are required to complete at least 180 hours in the clinic, including a minimum of 50 client contact hours, 24 supervision hours, and client related activities. A Clinical Folio and competency assessments reflecting work undertaken throughout the semester are also required.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of psychological theories and models, the empirical findings supporting these theories and the methods employed to establish them, the major methods of psychological investigation and techniques of measurement and their application and interpretation, and design and implement psychological intervention.
2. Demonstrate knowledge and behaviour consistent with the ethical, legal and professional requirements of psychological practice.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and skills in conducting systematic psychological assessment using a wide range of assessment techniques.
4. Demonstrate skills and knowledge regarding intervention strategies, including undertaking activities that promote, restore, sustain or enhance cognitive functioning and a sense of well being in individuals or groups of clients through preventive, developmental or remedial services
5. Demonstrate the application of research knowledge and skills to psychological practice.
6. Demonstrate the capacity to convey, appraise and interpret information in both oral and written formats and to interact on a professional level with a wide range of client groups and other professionals.
There are no co-requisites.
Students must have completed all pre-requisites in sequence before enrolling into this subject. Students are required to complete the number of placement hours in full prior to enrolling in Internship Part B. This subject is offered in the Master of Psychology (Clinical) only.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|